Assistant General Manager – Mansfield, TX
We are looking for an Assistant General Manager to help supervise daily restaurant operations.
Assistant Manager responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen and bar inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage staff and guide them to deliver quality food, consistently.
- Manage staff and coordinate food orders
- Supervise food prep and cooking
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Restaurant shifts
- Price menu items in collaboration with the Restaurant Manager
- Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance to the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Train kitchen staff on prep work
- Keep weekly and monthly cost reports
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
- Oversee Restaurant operations in absence of GM, to ensure guest service standards and operations are met
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- 3 years progressive restaurant management experience
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant/Kitchen Manager a plus
- Understanding of BBQ and the smoking process
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients
- Knowledge of a wide range of recipes and rubs
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conflict management abilities
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Interviewing and performance management
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Application Stack URL Apply for this job