The Mechanic & Fabrication Shop Foreman for House of Hotrods is responsible for planning, scheduling, performing, directing, and evaluating the activities if the automotive fabrication shop. This role has significant control of maintenance equipment and are in frequent contact with company employees that use this equipment. The Fabrication & Mechanic Shop Foreman may advise, consult, and help subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the activities of the automotive mechanic/fab shop.
- Plans, schedules and assigns repair/restoration related jobs to employees with the guidance of the GM/AGM
- Supervises and participates in the repair/restoration of vehicles and equipment
- Prepares estimates of vehicles and maintains accurate records
- Works closely with the GM/AGM to write thorough and accurate estimates
- Coordinate with parts manager to get correct materials for jobs & communicate times for arrival to sustain work flow
- Coordinates work follow with direct subordinates & other shop managers to produce a solid process. Manages work or jobs & the time lines as projects move from shop to shop
- Opening and closing duties as needed
- Assists supervisor in personnel and other shop related problems; makes suggestions and recommends solutions
- Performs other related work as required
- Mechanic & Fabrication Experience
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a courteous, professional, and positive manner
- Must be a Customer Service oriented team player
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds; may stand for extended periods of time
- The ability to quickly make coordinated movements of one hand, a hand together with its arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue
- Must adhere to Common Protective guidelines and/or Safety Attire at all times.